Sunday, February 10, 2008

Muscular Dystrophy Association

Every year, the Muscular Dystrophy Association puts on a variety of fund raisers to raise money for MD research. MDA is the world's leading voluntary health organization fighting more than 40 muscle-wasting diseases. Thousands of people of all ages are affected by neuromuscular diseases, right here in the southern Colorado communities. Yesterday was their annual Stride and Ride at the Citadel Mall and I was fortunate enough to be invited back to be the official event photographer. Because my mother has a form of MD, I gladly volunteered my time. All images taken yesterday will be posted to a Pictage gallery and 100% of the proceeds will go straight back to MDA.

There were over 20 teams that raised funds and came together to do a short walk around the mall. After the teams signed in, they were sent down to my buddy, Amon, who took their team photos. Amon is a fantastic photographer; he is so knowledgeable about his photography and every time we work together I try to gain a small portion of his wisdom. He was kind enough to volunteer his time and work on behalf of René Tate Photography.

Next to the team photo area was a René Tate Graphic Design and Photography booth. My good friend Breanna ran the booth, showed my work, answered questions, handed out cards, etc.

Meanwhile, I was out shooting candids of walkers, local team mascots, the band, cheerleaders, etc. The emcees were Cutter, Alicia, and the Road Gato of the Cat Country 95.1 Morning Show, great people who I've worked with in the past.




The day was such a blast. I met so many people and heard so many of their stories. If you'd like to donate to this incredible organization, contact Laura Graham at 719.260.8777 or by email at lgraham@mdausa.org.

No comments: