Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Grantham Family

You are about to see one of my favorite families: the Granthams. I grew up right down the street from them and went to school with their oldest son. I was honored to photograph them. These photos were taken the day after their youngest son, Jordan, graduated from high school. So many people were in town for the party that Lori, Jordan's mom, knew family photos were "now or never."

My favorite part about these images is the scenery. We actually set up shop on the side of their house, which makes the images more personal. Backyard shoots are my favorite. :) The lighting was perfect; I set up the subjects in the shade, but used a large white reflector to brighten up their faces and eyes and then from the back I added a silver hair light. Do you see the hair light?


No comments: