Monday, February 9, 2009

25 Random Facts

If you're a member of Facebook, you've heard through the newsfeed (aka the incredibly informative grapevine) about the 25 Random Facts phenomena. I was surprised when yesterday, on the opposite side of the country in a small community of Warrenton, Virginia, in an even smaller church community, I witnessed the 60-some-year-old, crotchety pastor mention HIS 25 Random Facts list. I was astounded when, he of all people and of all places, brought this up. Facebook is an amazing little invention, isn't it?

You know, the whole purpose of this blog is for you to get to know my photography and me. After all, your photographer is going to be spending the entire day with you on one of the most important days of your life. You better like your photographer. So, with that said, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon, and post my 25 Random Facts... After all, if there are 60-year-old countryside pastors doing this, why shouldn’t I? I’m only doing this for you, you know. I might as well; at the moment I’m stuck in an uncomfortable middle airplane seat and it’s impossible to sleep. Here goes nothin'...

  1. I love taking off in airplanes.
  2. I can't swim underwater. (Say "underwater" ten times in a row. It sounds really weird.)
  3. I recently booked my first "overseas" wedding in Puerto Rico.
  4. I can't remember the exact number of LeAnn Rimes concerts I've attended but I think it's about nine.
  5. I've met her about seven of those times.
  6. I played guitar hero in Tim McGraw's party room just before he came in to party with us.
  7. I vividly remember the first graphic that I ever designed and distinctly remember thinking, "Huh, that's how they do that." That was nearly eleven years ago in MS Paint.
  8. I really want to learn to sail on a catamaran.
  9. I'm in the early stages of writing a book.
  10. I've never had a dissatisfied customer.
  11. My desire to know God is absolutely insatiable.
  12. I accepted the Lord when I was a tiny-tot, maybe six or seven, but rededicated my life to the Lord when I was about thirteen, made the decision to publicly display that and was baptized, and have been tryin' to walk the talk ever since.
  13. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a scientist and work with plants. That sounds like my worst nightmare today.
  14. I have this distinct memory from my childhood of my mom telling me about my much older brother and his obsession for photography when he was in high school. I remember totally admiring him and wanting to be like him someday. Who would've thunk it?
  15. I want to go skydiving.
  16. The other day someone said the phrase, "...smoke a reefer," and I had to ask what it meant. Everyone laughed.
  17. I sometimes blare my Bose speakers and sing into my hairbrush..... Don't judge me. It's a girl thing.
  18. Last week I discovered the song "Sea Breeze" by Tyrone Wells, downloaded it, and listened to it about 30 times that same day. In a row. Don't judge me. lol
  19. Recently, I vowed to never kiss another man again until it's my husband on our wedding day.
  20. My mom thinks that's really weird. (And most likely, so do you.) My response was, "Well, I'm okay with being different. It's gonna be the most romantic moment ever. We're gonna have to have the best wedding photography team shooting from all angles. Do you think one would hang from a tree to get an aerial shot?"
  21. I once flew all the way to Indianapolis for a concert, rented a hotel and car, and got to the show only to find out my incredible sandbar (front row, against the stage) tickets were fake! Dang eBay.
  22. I managed to still be front row in the sandbar but it was not easy, nor cheap. Especially since the sandbar tickets were sold out...
  23. In my home hangs only original artwork or replications signed by the artist.
  24. I'm a registered Independent.
  25. If applicable, I always use my sleeve to open public doors.
(Click to enlarge.)

Since this is a totally personal post, I thought it'd be a good opportunity to post some images that DONNA (see post below) took of yours truly during her photo shoot. She did a great job, huh?! She made me look good!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rene! They look awesome!!!! woo hoo! My debut as a photographer... hahaha!!! We're going to have to give you a full-fledged shoot some day. Maybe we should do an 80's theme... it'd be fun! hahahaha!! Have a great day, Tater!! XoXo

Anonymous said...

A plant scientist?! NO WAY. You would be the most miserable plant scientist ever. Glad to know that that was the only fact out of 25 that I didn't know about you :)

I better be careful that Donna doesn't take my job. Those photos of you are stunning!!

René Tate said...

Jesica. You did not know of the catamaran! Did you?! I love the way you know me, friend. :) You should post your 25 list! Start workin' on it!

Anonymous said...

Does it count that I've done #15?? Totally awesome. And thanks for the giggles along the way.

Joellen

Anonymous said...

Really liked #8 How you get to experience it soon. What a rush.. Friend from plane