Friday, March 14, 2008

Captivated by the Light

Though I have no idea how we made it there in one piece, Jesie and I did attend this photography seminar last night, called Captivated by the Light with photographer, Ed Pierce. Three wrong turns, 11 miles of bumper-to-bumper traffic, and a visit from AAA later, we finally made it to the conference in Denver. And somehow we managed to be right on time and get decent seats! There were about 700 photographers there from Colorado. Talk about intimidating. 700 brilliant minds and 1400 creative eyes, not to mention 700 competitors.

We learned a ton of lighting tips and tricks, but honestly, the whole thing was pretty focused on selling us gadgets. We did, however, meet some great photographers from the Colorado Springs photography Meet Up group. My buddy, Ethan, who is a part of the Meet Up group and a past co-worker of mine, is an incredible photographer. He says he's just learning... whatever. Check out his Flickr. Ethan's going to be tagging along with Jesie and I at a few weddings this summer. He wants to witness wedding photography in action and is hoping to build his wedding and portrait portfolio.

I hope everyone is well. Often times, I tell you to go do something nice for yourself, but this time, do something nice for someone else. After a long, hectic week, it's easy to find yourself wanting to spoil yourself. I'm all about the random acts of kindness, so I encourage you to do something nice for someone else after their long, hectic week.

More wedding consultations this weekend and photo shoots this weekend. Actually, I'm shooting Jesie and her boyfriend on Sunday! Totally looking forward to capturing their chemistry. My vision includes some grungy alleys, grungy clothes, and lots of blue and black tones in the image.

Have an awesome weekend.

3 comments:

cooleye said...

Talking smack about me huh?!! hehehaha...your right though Rene!

I am just glad you called me your buddy!! haha!

I am also glad I know someone as cool as you..>!

René Tate said...

haha You never know who I will blog about! All the more reason to read my blogs and comment! :)

Thanks Ethan. *I* am so glad that I know someone as cool as you. You introduced me to Light Room!

René Tate said...

er.. Lightroom. How about I spell it correctly. I use that program everyday, you'd think I'd know by now it's one word.