Friday, March 28, 2008

Flying Solo: T&R Single Parent Scholarships

Hi all, long time no update. Well, 10 days since my last post. That's not too bad. I've been out on vacation in Steamboat Springs, as well as my home town, Cañon City. However, I did work a few days to wrap up this logo and design work. It's for a new scholarship program within the University of Colorado; it's called Flying Solo: T&R Single Parent Scholarships. The work entailed a design of two logos, one for the Flying Solo Scholarship and one for the T&R Fund, a web site, an informational post card and poster, and lots of PDF conversions.

I love when a creative vision become a reality. I had a couple ideas for each logo and when I finally got them down on the screen, here's what they looked like:




For the Flying Solo logo, we wound up deciding on the design featured below. There is a lot of background to the logo such as the colors are those of the CU system and the bird is representative of the donors' name.


To create the final T&R Fund logo, I had my clients sign their first initials or rather draw how they envisioned the logo. I traced their handwriting in Illustrator and developed a very personal logo:


I'm really looking forward to some green grass and leaves as photography will be picking up. This is kind of a slow season for outdoor pictures, however the design never ends. The shoot with my assistant, Jesie, and her boyfriend was postponed until this Saturday. I can't wait for it! They're chemistry is going to be incredible and will make for beautiful images I'm sure. :) Stay tuned!

1 comment:

cooleye said...

So talented Rene! I do like the Flying Solo logo you all went with. Very nice. Great idea and design (but we expect no less of you!!!). Hope you enjoyed your time away.